I’m back. I’m not sure where I went but here I am.
Also, here are some things I’ve learned this Summer.
- Listening to Twitter ITKs (‘in the knows’, for the uninitiated) is not conducive to optimal mental/emotional health. It’s probably safer to ignore all of them, but I’m taking most things these supposed fonts of knowledge spout with a hefty hill of salt from now on.
- We do have a good core of players.
- Aaron Ramsey (injured now, of course) is a top professional footballer displaying his true qualities in pre-season. All those who doubted him I understand, but all those who sought to abuse him and spread the ‘try-hard’ narrative explicitly should be eating humble pie. Good work, Aaron.
- Footballers can magic themselves into a first-team appearance. See: Sebastian Perez (and also good for him).
- I really fail to understand our transfer ‘plan’ if there was one…
That’s it. Short and sweet for now. Come say hi on Twitter.